Cambridge English for Nursing is designed to improve the communication skills and specialist English language knowledge of healthcare professionals, enabling them to work more confidently and effectively.
With an emphasis on listening and speaking, the course covers core areas of nursing such as patient admission, taking medical specimens, patient handover, post-operation assessment and discharge planning. Authentic tasks and activities based on everyday nursing scenarios - from dealing with patients in pain to discussing lifestyle changes - make the course relevant and motivating.
The course also features online activities which focus on the latest advances in nursing technology. These help to keep nurses up-to-date and confident when faced with unfamiliar equipment in new environments.
This course requires no specialist knowledge on the part of the teacher as comprehensive teacher's notes are available online. It is also ideal for self-study for busy healthcare professionals who may not have time to attend a teacher-led programme.
Cambridge English for Nurse is a new series of short courses for different areas of English for Specific Purposes. Written for professionals by professionals they combine the best in ELT methodology with real professional practice. Other titles in the series include Engineering, Job-hunting and the Media.
* Authentic medical texts, realistic patient scenarios and practical nursing tasks help prepare learners for their day-to-day working lives.
* A focus on communication skills helps nurses to build rapport with patients, their relatives and colleagues, and become more effective in their work-based interactions.
* Online activities which focus on the latest advances in nursing technology help keep nurses up-to-date and confident when faced with unfamiliar equipment in new environments.
* Extra reference material online including a glossary of medical terms; common acronyms and abbreviations; and sample medical charts and forms provide valuable support for teachers and self-study students.
* Intermediate to Upper Intermediate
* Student's Book with Audio CDs